We like chocolate. So does Elisa. So much so that she prepared this work of art for Innermost. To be honest, it's so beautiful we almost wouldn't have the heart to eat it. Almost. Oats have a low Glycemix index and help your body maintain glucose levels so you don't get that post-meal energy slump. With bee pollen, this dish is packed with nutrients and one of nature's most complete foods. As for the chocolate... drops the mic.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Ingredients / Serves 1:
- 0.5 cup oats
- 1 cup rice milk
- 2 tbsp of any Innermost chocolate superfood protein blend
- 1 fresh fig
- 1 tbps bee pollen
- cocao nibs
- Step 1: To a saucepan, add your oats and 200ml of liquid - we used rice milk but you can use any kind of milk, water or a combination.
- Step 2: Add 2 tablespoons of your choice of chocolate flavoured Innermost protein blend. There are four to choose from; The Strong Protein, The Fit Protein, The Health Protein and The Lean Protein - each one is crafted with unique ingredients.
- Step 3: Heat the mixture for a few minutes until you get the consistency you like and then transfer to a bowl.
- Step 4: Slice your fig and arrange on the surface of the porridge, and then sprinkle on your bee pollen and cocao nibs, before getting stuck in.