As soon as it hits 30 degrees Celsius in London y’all already know the trains will stop working and people start losing their minds. On Summer days like these, you need recipes that are light, cool and refreshing. Say no more...
Pomegranates contain antioxidants and hold anti-inflammatory properties. Strawberries are also packed with antioxidants and high in Vitamin C. Did we mention avocado and halloumi?
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Ingredients / Serves 2:
- 125g halloumi
- 80g mixed salad leaves
- 2 avocados
- 100g strawberries
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- basil leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp clear honey
- Step 1: Remove stones and slice 2 avocados, and carefully halve 100g of strawberries.
- Step 2: Fry 125g of sliced halloumi, 2 mins each side in a little olive oil.
- Step 3: Plate 80g of mixed salad leaves, the sliced avocado and those carefully halved strawberries.
- Step 4: Whisk together 1tbsp lemon juice, 2tbsp coconut oil, 1tsp clear honey and add to the plate.
- Step 5: Scatter 50g of pomegranate seeds and a few basil leaves.
- Step 6: Arrange halloumi on top and season to taste with salt and pepper.