How to boost your immune system
Step 1: Get moving
Step 2: Catch some ZzZs
Step 3: Just relax, dude
Step 4: Protein, protein, protein
Step 5: Eat the rainbow
- Capsicum: Found in The Lean Protein, it’s a great source of beta-carotene (the red-orange pigment found in plants and fruit) which has been shown to increase immune cells and boost their activity.
- Vitamin C: Found in The Health Protein. The Amazonian berry camu camu is famed for being rich in vitamin C, which has been proven to cut the risk of getting a cold in half and reduces the duration of a cold by 20% if contracted.
- Turmeric: Found in The Detox Booster. One of nature’s most potent superfoods, it has been used for centuries for medicinal purposes thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant powers. The Detox Booster is also packed with an additional nine of the most powerful superfoods out there.
- Japanese medicinal mushrooms: Found in The Relax Capsules and The Health Protein, these act as booster shots for the immune system. Lion’s mane mushrooms, shiitake, maitake, reishi and cordyceps have been used for centuries for their antiviral, antioxidant and antibacterial properties.
- Eat the alphabet: Found across all of our ranges. Vitamin A, B6, C, D and E can help to increase the strength of the immune system, so look for foods and vitamin supplements with high quantities of vitamins.